- Submitted: Oct 04 2012 03:38 PM
- Last Updated: Oct 04 2012 03:38 PM
- File Size: 21.75KB
- Views: 740
- Downloads: 90
Download Thomas Pearce - Course Rep Exec Chair Candidate - Manifesto
Vote Thomas Pearce No1
Course Rep Chair
My name is Tom; I’m a 3rd Year student studying Accounting. This manifesto is aimed at bringing rewards to the Course Rep system. As students, we are all here to get the best degree we can. Course Reps take our views and issues and act to help improve our courses. My aim is to improve the number and enthusiasm of Reps, and increase awareness and interaction with students. With an improved Course Rep system; we can make degrees more student-centred than ever.
What past Experience?
Department Chair of Accounting and Finance:
-Chaired meetings between Course Reps and Department staff punctually without issues.
-Organised additional Course Rep meetings in the Union to encourage a ‘community’ of reps- which also allowed Course Reps to bring up issues which they weren’t confident bringing up in official meetings.
-Knowledge of whole Course Rep system through interactions with VP
But were you good at this role?
The Department of Accounting and Finance won ‘Best Department’ at the Teachers Awards.
I was nominated for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Academic Representation’ for my work as Department Chair in the Student Awards.
If you elect me Course Rep Chair, I will:
Make the Course Rep Experience Rewarding:
- Work with Faculty Reps to promote the ASDAN accreditation to all course reps- a volunteering qualification which looks great to employers.
- Organise interactive faculty events for course reps, building a community within the course rep system.
- Help in making training easily available online, make the training action based. For example, to complete Action plan training you would have to complete an action plan for a real student issue and implement it.
- Give all Reps opportunities to complete additional ‘employability’ training- making available public speaking and team working events.
Support Faculty Reps:
- Have 2 designated office hours a week in Gunhouse to deal with Faculty Rep and Course Rep issues.
- Engage with Faculty Reps through email, a Facebook group and informal meetings.
- Prepare Faculty Reps for student council reports.
- Work with Education and Democracy sabb to compile a list of Department heads for Faculty Rep use.
So Remember, Vote Thomas Pearce No1 for Course Rep Chair
Friday 5th October 10am – Friday 12th October at 1pm
Other files you may be interested in ..
Feb 27 2013 01:10 PM
Feb 27 2013 01:08 PM
Feb 27 2013 01:07 PM
Feb 27 2013 01:06 PM
Feb 27 2013 01:01 PM
Feb 27 2013 12:57 PM
Feb 27 2013 12:56 PM
Feb 27 2013 12:54 PM
- 453 Total Files
- 77 Total Categories
- 12 Total Authors
- 43,346 Total Downloads
- UPSU Brand Guidelines (v3) Latest File
- admin Latest Submitter
2 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users