What is an AGM?
An Annual general meeting is held once a year during February to provide a report on the year, and vote in the new committee and constitution for the group. It allows the members of your group to question how the group has been run and decide who will run it next year. You may wish to review the group constitution to make changes before the AGM, however if you do not, simply just re-vote in the current one.
Planning your AGM
All Student Groups must hold an AGM to vote in at least their President, Treasurer and Secretary by March 2nd but we advise you vote in all your committee in one go. If you wish to hold separate elections for the rest of the committee, you must do so before May 1st. All Committee members must be ready to give a small report on the year.
1. If you wish to have an AGM in person, you must book a room via the room booking system and organize to buddy up with another group to provide a returning officer. Email email@example.com if you cannot get a returning officer. You must email your coordinator the date in which you are holding your AGM.
2. You must inform all members of the AGM a minimum of 14 days prior to the meeting and let them know of what roles are available for them to run for. Get them to register interest with the president of the group.
3. For an AGM in person, please tell candidates to prepare a two minute speech and where/When the AGM is.
1. You must inform all members of the AGM a minimum of 14 days prior to the meeting and let them know of what roles are available for them to run for. Get them to register interest with the president of the group.
2. For an Online AGM please get names of students interested in running for positions and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week before the deadline.
If you feel you cannot hold your AGM in this period, you must inform your relevant Coordinator ASAP.
Holding your AGM
Each AGM is run by the president of the group, unless they are re-running, if they are please choose another committee member. We recommend all voting be done by a raise of hand, but if you feel you need a paper vote please contact your relevant coordinator 2 week prior to the AGM.
There must be an agenda for each AGM
which is list below:
End of Year Report from Relevant committee members
Motions and Policy Items including suggested changes to constitution
Any Other Business