Get covered

Are your gadgets protected at university?

We all know that freshers’ week can be shattering. While heading off to university is incredibly exciting, there are also a lot of things to consider before you go - including making sure that your gadgets are fully protected while you’re away from home.

Some students mistakenly assume that their gadgets will automatically be covered under their parents’ home insurance policy when they move to university. However this isn’t always the case, and it’s important to take the time to understand what insurance you might need for your gadgets and contents while living in halls of accommodation. After all, it only takes a second to lose or damage a gadget, ultimately leaving you without any means of phoning home or completing your university work. 

But it’s not just your gadgets you should think about protecting, as it can be very easy to underestimate the full value of the possessions you take to university with you. Everyone remembers the large ticket items, such as their laptops, phones and iPads. However, people often forget that it can prove costly to replace things such as clothes, furniture, hairdryers and other smaller gadgets, like Fitbits and MP3 players. In fact, Endsleigh’s research shows that the average value of a student’s possessions at university is £4,164* – a pretty big wedge of cash should anything unfortunate happen while you’re living in halls of accommodation. By taking out student insurance at university, you can ensure that your gadgets and belongings are protected no matter where you are on campus. 

Find out more about Endsleigh’s flexible and affordable student insurance, helping you to stay connected when it matters most.

*Endsleigh Lifestyle Survey 2017-18

Like this article? Share it!

You may also like...