Living in Halls

Halls of Residence are generally owned by the University and tend to be for first years only. They are a great way to adjust to living away from home and make new friends. There are a variety of options including catered/self-catered and en-suite/shared bathrooms.

Living in Halls can be a good option for many students who want to be on or near campus, close to lectures, without the added worry of dealing with letting agents and landlords.

You can find information about the different halls available on the UoP Halls of Residence page and the Halls Handbook.

"What if I experience Problems in Halls?"

Support is offered to students in Halls from the University Security Team, Hall’s Student Council, Residential Assistants and Student Support Managers (SSMs). SSMs are responsible for the day-to-day management of welfare and pastoral concerns of residents within all Halls of Residence at the University of Portsmouth. If you're a first year living in private sector accommodation, or a student living in Unite Halls or Catherine House, you can also seek support from the SSMs by visiting them at Guildhall Halls.

If you arrange a meeting with your accommodation manager then you can contact us if you would like a representative to accompany you to it.

"What can I expect from living with other students?"

Check out our advice and guidance for students living in shared accommodation.