We know that voting and making an informed choice in the Student Elections takes time and we think itâ€™s important for us to recognise this and say thank you for taking part in the Unionâ€™s democracy by offering voters a range of exciting benefits. This year weâ€™ve given away free breakfasts and food vouchers, discounts in our shop and on hot drinks. Itâ€™s our way of saying thank you for taking part.
We really want every student to use their voice and exercise their vote. As a final incentive, weâ€™re revealing our last Student Elections benefit of the week – a prize draw for one lucky voter to win a Â£500 STA travel voucher!
One lucky student voter will win this fantastic prize, giving them the opportunity to travel to somewhere new, save on that summer holiday or even kickstart that gap year you promised yourself!
Every voter is eligible to be entered into the prize draw (including all those that voted earlier). The winner of the Â£500 STA travel voucher will be chosen at random by computer.
To enter the prize draw, all you have to do is vote! Voting is pretty straight forward; login using your computer account at www.upsu.net/vote, select one of the roles listed and rank the candidates in order of your preference. You can find out more about the candidates, to help make an informed choice, at www.upsu.net/elections.
Please note, your vote and preferences in the elections remain anonymous. The Union will only reference the student ID number to identify the prize draw winner and contact them by phone or email using the membership database.
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is free to enter to all eligible student voters with the exception of candidates running in the election and current Sabbatical Officers.
- Entrants must login to the Elections voting platform and vote in at least one election, to identify themselves as an active voter, to be eligible for the prize draw
- The prize draw is open from 10am Monday 6th March until close of voting at 6pm 9th March, all active voters voting during this period are eligible for the prize draw, no further action is required.
- The winning entry will be picked at random by computer
- The successful entrant will be contacted by email; Please note, all votes and preferences in the elections remain anonymous. The Union will only reference the successful student ID number to identify the prize draw winner and contact them by phone or email using the membership database.
- If the winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the Union reserves the right to redraw and select another eligible voter at random
- The winner, will be awarded one Â£500 STA travel voucher redeemable in-store, or over the phone, at STA outlets. The voucher is not redeemable via the STA website
- No cash alternative is available
- The prize voucher is will be available for collection from the Union at a time agreed by the Union and the successful entrant
- The successful entrant may be asked to take part in post-competition publicity, this is entirely at the winnerâ€™s discretion
- The Union’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- The Union reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, elections rules or eligibility.
- The Union reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control. In this event, a notice will be posted on www.upsu.net.
- The Union reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage, including changing or substituting the prize. In this event, a notice will be posted on www.upsu.net.
- The Union, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Any enquiries should be addressed to email@example.com.