We are very excited to announce the winners of our March Course Rep of the Month Award. We have received some fantastic nominations and are very impressed with the work of our students.
The Course Rep of the Month Award goes to a Course Rep who is:
- A proactive Course Rep
- A Course Rep who deals with an issue before it becomes a bigger issue
- A Course Rep who feeds back on all studentsâ€™ views and not just a few voices
- A Course Rep who uses one or more of these methods (shout out in lectures, Course Surveys, Moodle and Social Media) to gain studentsâ€™ voices and views
- A Course Rep who works closely with Student Voice Coordinators, Course Leaders and the Studentsâ€™ Union to represent the student voice
The March runner up is 2nd year Petroleum Engineering student, Mohsin Naveed!
Mohsin was chosen due to his work in organising events for students. These have included external speakers, and have attracted around 80 students to each event, enhancing the extracurricular activities available .
The March winner is 2nd year Media Studies student, Jamie Wernham!
Jamie was chosen due to her innovation in communicating with students. She regularly talks to students before and after lectures to ensure all students can have their say, and uses methods such as post its to allow confidential feedback and to ensure that students are comfortable when using their voice. Jamie has made herself really accessible to her peers and has been described as making "our uni experience a much better place."
You can view the full list of nominees here: March Excellence Nominees
The Students' Union Awards for Excellence in Learning & Teaching criteria is:
- Use of new and creative teaching initiatives to engage students
- Provision of extra academic support, beyond usual expectations
- Creation of a community of collegial learning amongst students and staff
- Provision of outstanding pastoral and personal support
- Excellence in student and staff collaboration
- Excellence in facilitating and utilising the student voice
The March winner will be the Overall Impact Winner, and they will be announced and recognised at our Union Awards & Showcase.